A discussion on our renunciation.
- Who do you hope to be when you “give up the ghost”?
- On average, is it better for medical authority to be single-voiced (as in the recent example of Dr. Anthony Fauci) or decentralized?
- When do you give up your place on the lifeboat?
Readings to consider
- The Idea of Legitimate Authority in the Practice of Medicine (Applebaum)
- Decentralization of health care systems and health outcomes: Evidence from a natural experiment (Jiménez-Rubio & García-Gómez)
- Vox Populi or Abdication of Responsibility?: The Influence of the Irish Citizens’ Assemvly on the Public Discourse Regarding Abortion, 2016-2019 (McNamara)
- Lifeboat Ethics: The Case Against Helping the Poor (Hardin)