A discussion we weren’t meant to have.
Due to the pandemic, we will meet remotely on March 23 at 7 PM EST (Zoom link here)
- Why are you here?
- Is it better to come (or go) “on accident” or “on purpose”?
- How do we assign blame?
Readings to consider
- Defining Failure: The Language, Meaning and Ethics of Medical Error (Schubert et al)
- Taking the blame: appropriate responses to medical error (Tigard)
- Medical Error and Moral Luck (Allhoff)
- When AIs Outperform Doctors: Confronting the Challenges of a Tort-Induced Over-Reliance on Machine Learning (Froomkin et al)