A discussion spreading to others.
Due to the pandemic, we will meet remotely on March 9 at 7 PM EST (Zoom link here)
- If you could eliminate one infectious disease, which would it be and why?
- Does this herd have a right to demand immunity? What just means do we have at our disposal to enforce it?
Readings to consider
- Evidence and Effectiveness in Decision-Making for Quarantine (Bensimon & Upshur)
- The 1918 Influenza Pandemic: Insights for the 21st Century (Morens & Fauci)
- From SARS to Ebola: Legal and Ethical Considerations for Modern Quarantine (Rothstein)
- Responding to the COVID-19 pandemic: Ethical considerations for conducting controlled human infection studies (Shah et al)