A discussion on new forms.
Due to the pandemic, we will meet remotely on February 24 at 7 PM EST (Zoom link here)
- Should corporations be thought of as “artificial persons”?
- Does the creation of life come with a specific set of consequences?
Readings to consider
- Is the creation of artificial life morally significant? (Douglas et al)
- Why Do We Need Artificial Life? (Bonabeau & Theraulaz)
- Artificial Life (Bedau)
- The Bioethicist Who Cried “Synthetic Biology”: An Analysis of the Function of Bioterrorism Predictions in Bioethics (Holm)