A discussion we will choose to have.
- So how about that election, eh?
- Why/Are we partial to democracy?
- Would you be willing to kill/die to defend/spread democracy? Are there circumstances that would compel you? Would you participate in a draft? If called upon by your nation at this moment to serve in the military, would you?
Readings to consider
- Bioethics and Democracy (Jennings)
- Bioethics and Populism: How Should Our Field Respond? (Solomon & Jennings)
- Crowdsourcing in medical research: concepts and applications (Tucker)
- How Democracy Can Inform Consent: Cases of the Internet and Bioethics (Gould)