A discussion on what we know machines know.
- What makes something “artificial”?
- By what mean(s) can a non-artificial intelligence determine an “artificial intelligence”?
- A black box is presented to you. You are told it has exceedingly intelligent insides, which you cannot see. The box says you have a 48% chance of catastrophe. How do you respond?
Readings to consider
- Ethical Issues of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (Matsuzaki)
- Regulatory responses to medical machine learning (Minssen et al)
- Will artificial intelligence solve the human resource crisis in healthcare? (Meskó et al)
- Medical ethics considerations on artificial intelligence (Keskinbora)